“Be a first rate version of yourself, not a second rate version of someone else.” -Judy Garland

Monday, September 20, 2010

Yep, I am a Public Health Major


OK so the other night I was watching the tube with my family and the show What Would You Do? came on.

This show covered topics like Violence Against Women, Breastfeeding, and Parenting...right up my alley...in fact almost exactly the work I dealt with in Washington D.C.

OK let me back up a bit and explain. The show creates a setting in which people have to react to a situation see...WHAT WOULD YOU DO? This episode posed the following:

Would you try to help a battered woman?

Would you harass a breastfeeding woman at a cafe?

Would you help kids who had just been kicked to the curb by their mother?

These just tugged at my heart...that when I remember WHOA I AM TOTALLY MEANT TO BE A PUBLIC HEALTH MAJOR. I mean my mom looked at me and I was crying.

I also liked the research behind the topics and the multiple takes...if you are wondering what I am talking about...JUST WATCH IT.

This just reminded me that yeah there are nice people in the world who will stick up for you, help you out, and protect you...I LOVE THAT.

Alright so take a look at the videos and PLEASE think...What Would You Do?

much love

b.

No comments:

Post a Comment