“Be a first rate version of yourself, not a second rate version of someone else.” -Judy Garland

Thursday, September 23, 2010

Kazoku!!!

Alright so as much as I loved seeing all of Japan and eating all of Japan...the best part of it all was FAMILY TIME.

I went over to Japan the first time when I was about four or five...so it was kind of like meeting everyone again for the first time...but not. It's hard to explain. All I know is that although we couldn't speak to each other...there is just something about family...maybe its just an innate love.

So first I got to meet my uncle: Toru. AKA my dad's little brother...weird my dad has a little brother. It is just one of the those that if you don't grow up meeting them or hearing about them...but I just LOVED Toru. He spent the most time with us...he showed us all around and made sure we never got lost.

Here we are at the Imperial Palace:



Yeah so then we got all together as a family for lunch. I guess they hadn't been together for about 5 years...so it was pretty special.

Siblings:



Spouses:



Boy Cousins:



Girl Cousins:





All cousins:



My Dad's oldest brother: Shotaro...and what I think my Dad will look like when he is 74.



Brothers:



Childhood Friends: MY DAD HAD FRIENDS!!!! that makes me so happy



My Obaachan!!! Yes she turns 100 this year...good genes



Then:



Now:



At my aunts house we played dressed up. This is a kimono that my obaachan made herself:





And yes they took us to Karaoke: my uncle is REALLY good. My dad and Aunt well...



After karaoke with my aunt and uncle:



When we were leaving my uncle picked up all our luggage and met us at the airport with my other uncle and aunt and cousin. It was so sweet. They all made us cry when we were leaving. They stayed the whole while we were going through security, until you couldn't see us anymore.

My family was so gracious and made us feel so loved and welcomed. I can honestly say I have never been treated better in my life. They were so great.

YEAH FOR FAMILY!!!

much love,

b.

No comments:

Post a Comment