“Be a first rate version of yourself, not a second rate version of someone else.” -Judy Garland

Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Are you sure there isn't coffee in coffee cake???

So one great thing about being home, having no job, no large social network, no boys, and no school is...

you get to do fun things like catch up with best friends!!!

Like my friend MERE!!!

We have been friends for a very very very long time.

Our relationship started out something like this. (we were at the park going to an activity)

"I'll go if you go."

"Ok."

And we did. We have been friends ever since.

Some great memories with Mere include:

1. swinging (she introduce me to my favorite past time)

2. soccer (I still remember her spaghettio's ball)

3. old movies

4. going out for breakfast (probably one of my favorite things to do EVER!)

5. letters (she was WAY better than me at writing)

Probably the memory that defines us is her mother's coffee cake.

We had a sleepover and her mom being the great mom that she is was going to fix us breakfast. So she asked if we would like coffee cake.

ME: OH NO I CAN'T HAVE COFFEE.

Tribble's: Brittney it doesn't have any coffee in it.

ME: I REALLY can't have any coffee; it is against my religion.

Tribble's: Brittney it doesn't have any coffee in it.

ME: Are you sure, because I just can't have coffee.

Tribble's: Coffee cake doesn't have any coffee in it. Coffee cake is called coffee cake because you usually eat it with coffee.

ME: OH.

So for our reunion we made coffee cake. Our first time!! (I promise there is no coffee in it. We made it together...I saw the recipe and everything :)

The Coffee Cake (minus the coffee even though the name is confusing):



My best friend Mere and her amazing coffee cake:



YAY for friends. I love friends...especially great friends!!!

LOVE YOU MERE!!!

much love

b.

No comments:

Post a Comment