“Be a first rate version of yourself, not a second rate version of someone else.” -Judy Garland

Friday, September 17, 2010

I think this is it

OK so after two FULL posts on Japan, I think this is the last overview. Yes once again I cannot believe how much we packed in to this trip!!!!

OK so after visiting Hiroshima we ventured to the wonderful island of Miyajima.

Take a look:



We found the biggest rice paddle in the WORLD.



Secretly this is the only reason my dad wanted to come to Japan HA HA

And we rode small gondola-like carts to the top of island:



The pictures cannot explain the beauty of the view AH it was seriously paradise:





We were supposed to see monkeys...no such luck...but we did see these signs:





Also there were deer EVERYWHERE and yes they were very docile and therefore you can pet them!



Oh and of course the main feature the Floating Torii Gate:



After our afternoon on Miyajima we headed back to Kyoto and spent our last night. For our final adventure in Kyoto we stopped by the most famous rock garden: Ryoanji

The greenery was amazing check out the pond!:



The rock garden:



There was this green moss covering the floor around the rest of the house...WOW:



With all we saw in Kyoto it was now time to head to Nagoya aka my daddy's birth place. This is why we went to see where my dad grew up and wish my obaachan a happy-100-years-of-life birthday! More pictures to come on this later when I talk about family.

OK back to Tokyo the new part of Tokyo. One of our fist stops:



WHOA the church is SO international:



Yeah it was really hard to get a picture of me and the temple oh well:



NEXT the imperial palace...yep Japan-Emperor:

COOL WALLS:



Famous bridge NO ONE CAN CROSS except imperial-related people....oooh:



Can you say SAMURAI solider....tight:



And finally our last night in Tokyo we headed to Roppongi the hippest place in Tokyo:

Yes and we participated in what might be considered the greatest contribution the Japanese have ever made: Karaoke

Look close...aside from it being your own private room, they also give you brand new, wrapped microphones:



Yes touch pad controls:



And lots of Japanese songs...sung by the Japanese:



After singing our hearts out we closed out the night with a view of Tokyo Tower which is surprisingly hard to capture at night with my camera:



WOW that was a lot. Needless to say yes every time I look at these pictures I still cannot believe that we went. Also I am still amazed at how much I loved it and how much I miss it.

Ok more to come....THE FOOD...FAMILY...and FAVORITES. Plus a bonus on the Okada family...yes just us six.

much love,

b.

1 comment:

  1. ahhhh, jealous! i am SO glad you got to see all that! can't wait for more pics, i am loving ALL your blog posts!

    ReplyDelete