“Be a first rate version of yourself, not a second rate version of someone else.” -Judy Garland

Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Tabemasho!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Alright so aside from everything else amazing in Japan...you guessed it the food was soooo OISHII!!!!!! SO AMAZING it deserves its very own blog post!!!!

Other than family...the food was my FAVORITE...I could have eaten just about everything...and that is a pretty bold statement.

SO our first night we all had noodles...YUM!



And you order them using this thing...coool:



My first rice/bean cake oooooh:



Chinese buffet with the fam...yep there is squid, octopus puffs, shrimp, egg drop soup etc...very tasty:



Yep this is okonomiyaki!!! It was the FAVORITE of ALL of us!!!!





This is the only picture of the best sushi I have ever had:



We also had the most amazing gyoza: yes tofu gyoza. It was this gyoza bar...yes they only made gyoza. The also had the most amazing sauce combos!!!!

Yummy katsudon:



Get this: eel rice burger...YUM!:



THE BEST Shabu Shabu EVER!!! well a whole like 6 course meal:

The appetizer:



The veggies:



The tastiest marbled meat:



Shabu Shabu (aka swish swish in English):



The results: With the best sauces...yum:





Yep pick it up:



Put it in, and its cooked!:



3rd, 4th, and 5th course...something like that:



Dessert: WHOA



We also ate dinner at my Aunt's house: Hiyashi Chuka...my dad's favorite childhood food...I think. It was very very yummy!!!

And we bought this for her for dessert! The Japanese have fabulous dessert and pastries and just yummy little treats.



AH it was all SO good. Also there was this melon bread that I just loved and I think I am addicted to the sparkling ginger water...I bought out the grocery store every time. And in old town there were these ice fruit treats...THE BEST! I am sure I missed a ton...there was just too much great food!

YUM I can't wait to go back and try new dishes!!!

Please go to Japan...just for the food...because American Japanese food just doesn't do it justice.

much love,

b.

1 comment:

  1. k, i've managed with the pictures of places so far because i never went to those places, so i was only mildly homesick. NOW i am DYING to get back. oh my goodness, that okonomiyaki looked soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo delicious!

    ReplyDelete