“Be a first rate version of yourself, not a second rate version of someone else.” -Judy Garland

Monday, October 4, 2010

Yellowstone is My Backyard

Yes this is a blessing.

So last Friday my mom and I decided to take advantage of our wonderful blessing:

We loaded up the kayaks.



And went to Yellowstone Lake (yes the one that's bottom is bulging and could explode destroying all of us...FUN)



Hopped in the kayaks



And started paddling:



We saw some pretty cool things:













We stopped in at a cave: (somehow I managed to get out of the kayak ah!)





And I went inside: OOOOOH!





The most exciting were the steam geysers:







The water was so clear and calm that we could see dormant geysers in the bottom on the lake blowing bubbles to the surface!



After Kayaking we went to Canyons for a hike:



And saw the upper falls:



And on the way back a tree shaped in the letter Y CRAZY!:



And then headed to Artist Point:







Of course you can't go to Yellowstone without seeing a bit of wildlife.

Look close:



Yep a black bear ran out in the road in front of our car, jumping in the water and began swimming.

And yes buffalo crossing (not odd to get stuck in the middle of a buffalo herd):



And we ended the day with a beautiful sunset (it was actually a red):



I am SO thankful for nature and that we have Yellowstone SO close.

I am also grateful for a mom who LOVES kayaking...she is SO great:





Growing up my mom always taught me to look for beautiful things. She showed me sunsets, the moon, the stars, owls, deer, wild flowers, the garden, Yellowstone, huckleberries, and so much MORE.

SO THANKS MOM for always teaching me to appreciate nature's beauty.

much love,

b.

1 comment:

  1. That is awesome! I loved those pictures, it looks like you had a great time with your mom. Lucky! Ahh, I miss you!

    ReplyDelete