“Be a first rate version of yourself, not a second rate version of someone else.” -Judy Garland

Friday, October 22, 2010

Nearer My God To Thee


Tomorrow I head to the LDS Temple for my first time as an adult...yep I am all grown up!

Excited.

Nervous.

Anxious.

Happy.

Whoa.

Those are just SOME of my feelings. Mostly I am excited. My only hope is that it is a good experience...that is all that I can ask for. And I guess I am realizing that I am the one who really determines that.

So yeah...make your experiences how you want them to be. You are the one in control of how your react...why not make it positive, great, happy, exceptional, special, or extraordinary?

much love,

b.

4 comments:

  1. hey b!

    i hope that we get to chat soon...i only wish it was over, was it a "hazelnut steamer"? i can't remember what your fav. was at the newest coffee shop, but i guess over the phone will do.

    i love you and i support you.
    you're rockin.
    jul

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, that is such a beautiful temple! i hope you love the whole experience. we miss you. bunches.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So awesome! I remember my sister told me the day before I went, "Just focus on how you feel." I did that and now all I can say is that it felt great. I seriously cherish that day. It is so true that the attitude you come with is a huge indicator of what you will get. I hope it was perfect and just so lovely, a wonderful memory you will never forget! I miss you here in the office (that's where I am, slacking...I'm ashamed) and I hope you are just so happy and excited!! When is your date exactly?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Date that you go into the MTC :)

    ReplyDelete