“Be a first rate version of yourself, not a second rate version of someone else.” -Judy Garland

Thursday, October 21, 2010

Pickleball

I know what you are thinking:

Yuck I hate pickles.

Yum that sounds like the greatest treat ever!

Picklewhat?

Or something like that.

Well let me tell you something. I am the daughter of a pickleball champion. Yep that's right. Ok maybe he isn't a nationwide champion, but he has taken the prize at the Billings, MT tournament with some first and second places. Yep my dad is a pickleball champion!

OK you are still wondering what in tar-nation is pickleball! Well it is no treat...it's a sport.

The Ball:
The Paddle:
That's Old School. If you're like my daddy you use this paddle:
The Court:
The Rules:

Click Here.

Basically it's similar to tennis, but totally different. Does that help?

Anyway. So every week my dad gets together with the guys in the morning for some pickleball. Yesterday I had the fortune of playing with the fellows...it was really fun even though I'm not all that great.

Another great detail about this sport is that old people can play too:


In fact I think it is relatively an old persons' sport. Well at least all the guys who I played with yesterday are at least 50 or older. Yes I just played a sport with people who are more than 30 years older than me or even 50 years older...I still got schooled.

Anywho you should try this sport it is SO fun and not as easy as you might think!

Here's some things from my morning stroll:



And last but certainly not least. Wish Upon a Wedding:

A non-profit organization who in their own words is "Based on the concept that two people in love should never be denied the chance to marry their soul mate, [they] help couples who have endured much greater challenges than the average person. Specifically, Wish Upon a Wedding provides weddings and vow renewals for couples who have faced terminal illness or other serious life-altering circumstances."

I think that is just dandy. I mean if you know me I am always looking for great ideas to start a non-profit organization and I think this one is not just brilliant, but touching!

So....go ahead think "How can I change the world through a non-profit organization?" and then DO IT!

much love,

b.

No comments:

Post a Comment