“Be a first rate version of yourself, not a second rate version of someone else.” -Judy Garland

Friday, November 12, 2010

Telling Amy's Story

My OWH mentor sent me a package of the most wonderful items:

1. Best Bones Forever Campaign Materials (tattoos, journals, magnets).

2. A Parent's Guide to Girls' Bone Health

3. A DVD on The Office of Minority Health

4. A folder: Ending Violence Against Women

5. The DVD: Telling Amy's Story

All of materials are fabulous, but last night my mom and I watched Telling Amy's Story. It was really eye opening and spoke of the many layers of conflict (and not just in the home) women face while dealing with domestic abuse.

Here's a sneak peak:



I highly suggest visiting the website and somehow getting your hands on this film.

Open up your mind while you watch the film...learn something new...care a little more...and then DO SOMETHING.

much love,

b.

No comments:

Post a Comment