“Be a first rate version of yourself, not a second rate version of someone else.” -Judy Garland

Saturday, November 13, 2010

Parenthood.



Yes. This might be the one thing I REALLY miss besides family and friends and school of course.

This show is it. This is what TV should be about...FAMILY. I am totally in love with all of the characters and their stories. The family is far from perfect, but I love how they handle all of their mishaps. But at the end of the day the family loves each other and that is how it should be. I am always amazed at how REAL this family is....GREAT SHOW.

Mostly I laugh when I think of one character who might be me when I am a mother: Julia.

Let me just share a part of the last episode that demonstrates my reasoning:

It is Halloween and Julia's daughter Sidney is told her mom that she has decided what she wants to be: Miss California. They are now looking at costumes online.

Julia says: "Ok. Let me take you back here. Focus. Let me take you back to the beginning on this. In 1963...I don't know if you know this, but...the United States passed an amendment to the Fair Labor Standards Act that gave women equality in the work place. That's...that's so exciting! That was progress! That was important! And then this...is just kind of...."

Sidney interrupts: "But it's pink...and that's my favorite color!"

Julia :"Yeah that's true...but it kind of goes against everything that we as women have been struggling for, for the last 50 years."

Then later in the episode Julia is beautifying Sidney in her Miss California costume:

Julia: "You know how we have talked about....it's wrong to judge people by they way that they look. Right? And do you know how beauty contestants are judged?"

Sidney think for a while and then says: "Hmmm...talent, swimsuit, and interview."

Julia: "Right...Well mostly their judged by how they look and that's wrong so...all I'm saying is we do still have your ladybug costume...ya know...in the case you decide you have moral issues with what you're wearing. Ok...let's see how it looks with the tiara thing."

HA HA HA HA HA.

Yep. That might be the exact conversation I will have with my little girl when she wants to be Miss California. Oh goodness.

No seriously watch the show...well worth you time. I got my mom addicted and now she is asking what hulu is...YEP.

Oh and yes I even love the show's song...a Bob Dylan cover OF COURSE!

Ok. WATCH AND ENJOY!

much love,

b.

No comments:

Post a Comment