“Be a first rate version of yourself, not a second rate version of someone else.” -Judy Garland

Tuesday, November 9, 2010

I've Been Around the World

OK not really...BUT I AM BACK!!!!

So I have been back to DC and to Utah. I guess you could consider that my immediate world. But oh did I miss blogging. I was just too busy...my apologies.

And this will be my last week of blogging...sad I know. But I promise to be diligent.

Well let me update ya'll. I went to DC and saw my sister and went to the DC temple:


Yes isn't it beautiful. Then I saw some friends which was good to catch up. I forgot how my heart just beats for that city. There is SO much to do and SO much to learn. And SO much history, good food, great architecture, and there is a feeling in that city. I always feel like a can make a difference...it is like I have power there.

I got to meet with my mentor and oh it was so good. She is just SO inspiring and her advice is just what I needed to hear:

"You are able to explore and experience things many wish they could....make it great. This is your life's journey. You only get one chance. Embrace it."

Wise...isn't she? Oh I just hope I can be 1/10 as great as she is.

Then I went to Provo and WOW I am so blessed. I realized how many GREAT people I have had the privilege of knowing and loving. It is truly humbling. I also got to hear so many people's wise words...I am very appreciative.

Most of all I got what I wanted: closure and hope.

Closure in that I feel like I have wrapped everything up that I needed to. I said my goodbyes...or more like see-ya-laters and I also said just about everything I wanted to. Hope in the I feel like I left everything taken care of and ready for me when I get back. All my relationships are maintained and I feel like I have left on good terms with everyone...that is the best feeling in the entire world.

Yep you should try it. Resolve everything with everyone...it is a freeing feeling.

So now I am about to head on one of life's journey's. And I think I will follow my mentor's advice and embrace it.

much love,

b.

1 comment:

  1. Ahhh, you are in for such great things! It was so great to see you and I'll try not to be too selfish and miss you too much. Especially your wise-beyond-your-years-blogging.

    ReplyDelete