“Be a first rate version of yourself, not a second rate version of someone else.” -Judy Garland

Thursday, June 18, 2009

stick to it??

Alright so here is the scoop so far. I haven't been wearing make-up for seven days (excluding Sunday) wohoo!!! It hasn't been as hard as I thought it would be. I had my first test though. Last night something crazy happened...that never happens: I was asked on a date for Friday night. This was a super surprise, but made me contemplate about what I was going to do make-up-wise. I thought about it and decided that I had made a deal with myself and would not wear make up at all. However, me being me...I still thought about it. Here is what I decided: I really don't care if I wear make-up because I am fine with anyone seeing me without make-up, but I do care...in the sense that the boy I am going out might think that I don't care about going out with him. It's is so true that I wear make up to look nice...so if I don't wear any does that mean that I don't care? That is an exaggeration...but I don't want the boy to think that I don't want to look nice for the date.

This made me think more about the whole not-wearing-make-up deal. I think that I decided wearing make-up is just fine as long as your reasons for wearing it are right...I think this is how it is for everything: motives. I should wear make-up to look nice, not to cover myself or because I need to. I don't have to wear make up everyday...just when I want to look nice...and yes the next question would be: Don't I want to look nice everyday??

-still thinking & deciding

No comments:

Post a Comment