“Be a first rate version of yourself, not a second rate version of someone else.” -Judy Garland

Friday, July 10, 2009

this is why

I have always had this eye for things...I don't know what exactly to call it...but I love visual things. I could sit and stare at a painting, photograph or print for hours.

I have noticed this a few times in my life:

1. at EFY when I was the last person to leave the painting in the MOA of Christ

2. when stare at landscape...longer than the average person

3. when I catch myself memorized by anything...I see it as not a whole picture, but a combination of a million shapes and colors.

4. when Micah and I went to an art exhibit at UVU to see Mandee and Jordan; I looked at each piece of art at least three times.

5. my obession with my roommate in Hawaii's photographer

There is much more...but with all of this I have decided something.

Last night I hit up the Red Iguana...yum...with J. and Liz and we were talking about what we wanted to do. And of course among other things like ski the Swiss alps, teach English in a third world country, sail in Greece, was become a photographer.

Well I can't live that dream right now, but I have stumbled across some inspiration.



Check out Angus Fergusson.

No comments:

Post a Comment