“Be a first rate version of yourself, not a second rate version of someone else.” -Judy Garland

Monday, July 6, 2009

dr. settle

Alright, so right now I am working in the ISO...yes that stands for International Services Office...duh :). It is the most fabulous job ever! OK well maybe not the job is not that glamorous, but the people who I work with and the students I serve are AMAZING! I work with 12 indescribably stunning girls...who are dwindling in numbers...sad day, and 4 top-notch advisors. Although I love...and when I say love I actually mean it, like the I-really-love-you-and-could-spend-all-day-working-with-you-and-never-get-tired-of-it love all of them...there is one advisor who is particularly entertaining: Dr. Settle. So here is the much anticipated blog post about Dr. Settle.

My list of things that have made me love work thanks to Dr. Settle:

1. when he calls me his Wyoming girl and crosses his eyes
2. when he pulls out milk and moo's
3. his amazing accent
4. whenever he gets flustered and red
5. when he is leaving his office to go to his eucalyptus
6. when he told me why he runs three miles every day:
Never, Never, Never give up -Winston Churchill
7. when I yawn and he says: Oh I saw your breakfast
8. whenever he talks about his wife
9. that one day he pulled out his planner and we got to see what he did the day I was born...it was a busy day...just like me.
10. when he got a facebook and we all friend requested him and then we snuck into his office and accepted our requests!!!
11. his Hawaiian shirts
12. the day he brought treats to staff meeting: i love crackers and cheese
13. when he won a big screen tv and gave it to his daughter
14. whenever he talks about the Queen
15. his addiction to diet coke
16. when he comes to the front desk and discusses the news
17. when he comes into the office after lunch break: so intense
18. his face when we mention the name Himal
19. the way he explains anything...so thorough and formal i love it
20. that his office phone is on speaker all the time
21. his analysis of Michael Jackson
22. those times when you hear him hysterically laughing in his office

Memories that could have only been made in Mexico with Dr. Settle

1. WHERE'S THE OREO'S??????
2. his 30 peso cowboy hat
3. his driving skills
4. when he would point out every sushi restaurant to me
5. when he gave Sara's the nickname soggy bottom

Alright I could probably go on for days. I am sure I will add and edit many more times. But for now enjoy! If any of you office girlies come up with anymore feel free to add to the list.

So here's to my job and especially to Dr. Settle who is by far the most spectacular associate director I know!

2 comments:

  1. when he comes up behind us and slams his hands onto our shoulders and we jump and he thinks it's hilarious.

    when he says "do you know what you're doing?" and we say "yes" and he says "that's what scares me."

    when he threatened me with a large knife

    when he says "out of all the girls in this office from bakersfield, JJ, you are by far my favorite."

    ReplyDelete
  2. when he wrote to the Queen and asked if he & Sue could have a room in Buckingham Palace for a night to celebrate their anniversary.

    when he calls himself the Terminator

    how he reacts if a student doesn't list their local address on the check-in form

    his conversion story!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete