“Be a first rate version of yourself, not a second rate version of someone else.” -Judy Garland

Friday, April 11, 2014

Our Burdens

Our church (The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints) has a semi-annual meeting called General Conference. During General Conference our leaders have sought the help of heaven in deciding what they need to talk about in order to meet our needs, comfort, and inspire us. This conference, April 2014 General Conference, one of our leader Elder (it's a title) David A. Bednar spoke of how we need burdens to keep us on track. He related it to a truck stuck in the snow. We are the truck and we need a load (a burden) in the back of our truck to give us traction so we can get back on the road. I am still learning what this means, but today I was reading in Judges 7. Gideon was supposed to face the Midianite army, but the Lord had him decrease his numbers until it was impossible for them to defeat the army. I feel like this a lot of the time. Like I am facing a losing battle. But the Lord is so wise. This is what he says:

 And the Lord said unto Gideon, The people that are with theeare too many for me to give the Midianites into their hands, lest Israel vaunt themselves against me, saying, Mine own hand hath saved me.
I think that the challenges that I face right now are to remind me that I really can't do anything on my own. I need to be humble and realize it is the Lord that is doing everything and just get to be a part of it.

Thank goodness for scripture.

b.

No comments:

Post a Comment