“Be a first rate version of yourself, not a second rate version of someone else.” -Judy Garland

Thursday, April 10, 2014

Inspiration



I saw this today and it is just what I needed. Lately, I have been feeling, actually for a while now, that I need to change. I don't quite know how I am going to do it. I do know that it is a process and takes time. DANG IT...one of my weaknesses is impatience. But what I do know is that I need the Lord to help me.

So here I am starting and there is one thing that I just can't get out of my head. It is in our church's (The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saint) guide for missionary service: Preach My Gospel (aka PMG). It is in a chapter entitled How Do I Use My Time Wisely? I think this is a great question and is the root of all of my lack-of-change-and-progress. Here is what one of our beloved apostles, Russel M. Ballard, said:

“I am so thoroughly convinced that if we don’t set goals in our life and learn how to master the techniques of living to reach our goals, we can reach a ripe old age and look back on our life only to see that we reached but a small part of our full potential. When one learns to master the principles of setting a goal, he will then be able to make a great difference in the results he attains in this life.”


When I read this I think about accountability. This is really how I am going to change. Setting goals...and then following up with myself about where I am on my progress...and then making a plan for how to get there...then following up again...and again...and again... There is this girl that I work with that is really good with this. She has her goals for the year...or for work or for school and she reviews them. I have goals too, but I forget about them :(. 

So this is my goal. To write every morning and every night...at minimum everyday and share my goals and plans, and then follow up on them. 

It's springtime right...that means new life..a new start.

HERE WE GO.

b. 

No comments:

Post a Comment