“Be a first rate version of yourself, not a second rate version of someone else.” -Judy Garland

Monday, May 23, 2011

Best Sunday Ever

Yesterday could have been the best Sunday ever.

We had two investigators come to church. One I had never met before: Molly. Wow! She came up and gave me a great big hug and we just began the most beautiful friendship. I love her.

We went to teach her last night. The moment that we saw her we knew she was just filled with the Spirit. She talked about how before she was just closed but lately something has been pushing her to just keep learning. We reviewed the first lesson and she learned so quickly and was smiling and crying the whole time. It was so powerful. The whole time I was thinking we need to ask her to be baptized. I thought...ah I have never really extended a baptismal invite..I hope Sister Song does it, Ha. At the end of the lesson there was a gap in the conversation. It was so natural...I just asked her...Molly, do you want to set a goal for baptism? She did not hesitate one bit and said "Hao"...which means good....YES! She told me before the sisters had tried so many times to set a date with her and she wasn't ready or was scared, but now she is ready. We chose a date and we prayed and it was so so great. After wards Sister Song and I got in the car and she just yelled " THE CHURCH IS SO TRUE. IT JUST MAKES ME WANT TO CRY." Oh it was awesome. It really tells me that it is not the missionaries who help people....it is the people and their relationship with God. It was the Spirit that was preparing her...because we hadn't met with her for two weeks. It really is so amazing. It is all in their time.

Sis Okada

No comments:

Post a Comment