“Be a first rate version of yourself, not a second rate version of someone else.” -Judy Garland

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Prayer

I gained such a testimony of prayer this week. Let me share with you an experience that I have been able to share with a lot of investigators. So:

I hate to admit, but I was a little irresponsible and lost my bus pass. While we were walking I was taking things in and out of my pockets and it fell out. This was on Tuesday night. Let me impress upon you how important this pass is... it is how we do all our work. We are on the bus all the time. We have to make visits...we have to TEACH. And it is really expensive and it is even more expensive to pay time by time. SO I was very distraught. I prayed so so hard Tues. Wed. and Thurs. Then Thursday morning I prayed to Heavenly Father more wondering if he heard my prayers and asked one last time if I could find this pass...so I could do his work. We took the bus... I paid...to an appointment and back. We walked the route that we had walked over 10 times... and had searched for this pass... We had heightened awareness because of our circumstances. We were walking and talking and out of the corner of the eye...I finally spotted my bus pass. At the very instance I knew HF had answered my prayer. That he cared about the individual work I was doing and was very willing to let me know that he hears my prayers. I know HF hears our prayers.. he hears our individual prayer. And he is willing to answer our prayer if we have sincere desires and real intent.

Love Sis Okada

No comments:

Post a Comment