“Be a first rate version of yourself, not a second rate version of someone else.” -Judy Garland

Monday, January 10, 2011

Know God

OH today let's talk about God.
Yep, God.
Do you really know God?
If you could know God what would you do?
Would you give up everything to know him?
And once you knew him what would you do?
Would you listen to him?
So, I was talking to my teacher about people who know God. And I said something like how do you help people know God if they already know him?
This was her response or something like it:
People think they know God. But they know God from a distance. It is not that personal relationship. They don't let God in their lives. They believe in God and say OK I believe in God, but I don't want him that involved in my life.
People don't realize that God can be in our life everyday. And he should be. And it should be that close of a relationship.
And if we love God....like really love God...I mean love him enough that you would do anything he asks of you....this is really knowing God.
Find the scriptures...if you love me keep my commandments.
John 14:15 D&C 42:29

OK me:
I love God. I will do anything he asks of me. If he asks me to believe in something I will...I want God in my everyday life. That's it.
Expand on this. Examine yourself.
Love You All!

No comments:

Post a Comment