“Be a first rate version of yourself, not a second rate version of someone else.” -Judy Garland

Monday, December 6, 2010

Family

SO I have been thinking about families so much lately. They are such a big part of life. God loves families and they are a divine unit. I testify of that. This life is all about family.
We are children of God and a part of his family.
(Link to or add I am a child of God)
Families are BEAUTIFUL.
That doesn't mean they are easy or perfect. They are meant to try and stretch us.
Families are so eternal...not just in the sense you are thinking. They are cyclical.
We are children. Parents. Grandparents.
We each learn from each other.
Children learn from parents.
Parents learn from children.
Grandchildren learn from Grandparents.
Grandparent learn from grandchildren.
Brothers and sister learn together.
That is one amazing, complex circle that is truly God-inspired: DIVINE.
I love my family.
Love your family. Strive to be a part of them...because you will always be.
Oh and remember that everyone is a part of God's family. Look at them with the thought "That is a child of God. That is my brother. That is my sister."
I can promise the blessings will flow.
Keep Calm and Carry On.
much love,
Sister B.Okada

1 comment:

  1. You are such an inspiration, Sister. I love my family and love that we're "stuck" together forever. :) And Sister Okada (Mom Okada, I guess, this is confusing...): thanks for updating her blog! You make it easy to miss her less. Or more. I can't decide which. :)

    ReplyDelete